U.S. Customs Duty Drawback & Refunds: Understanding the Recent Changes
|Speaker||:||Dr Rossano V Gerald|
|Date||:||30th May 2019|
|Time||:||10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST|
It is time for importers to begin updating import processes and drawback strategies to capture what may be significant cost savings due to new substitute drawbacks available under the TFTEA rules. In this webinar Trade and Supply Chain Management expert, Dr. Rossano V. Gerald will review CBP’s guidance explaining how drawback claimants can file under the TFTEA amendments and will discuss the extensive opportunities for US-based companies for refunds on imported goods that are then exported.
Drawback filing in the Automated Commercial Environment provides a new set of challenges to drawback claimants. During this webinar, we will discuss the concerns in the industry, changes in data requirements, and challenges that you may face as a claimant.
Why Should You Attend:
- Learn about the background and history of duty drawbacks and why duty drawbacks are important to U.S. small and medium-size businesses
- Learn the types of duty drawbacks that can be claimed
- Learn about the recent changes to the duty drawback program, such as new legislation and the transition drawback to the Automated Commercial Environment
- Requirements to fulfill and apply for a duty drawback
- Conditions to cover before applying
- Documentation required & record keeping
- The basics – what it is, how it originated, and who is eligible
- Types of duties, taxes, and fees eligible for drawback
- Different types/categories of drawback
- Drawback claims - 8-digit HTS substitution vs. commercial interchangeability
- Drawback time frames and recordkeeping requirements
- What to know about claims on MPF, HMF, and manufacturing substitution
- Unused drawback and calculating potential drawback
- 2018 changes to the drawback process, designed to simplify the process and expand eligibility
Who Will Benefit:
- Supply Chain Executives
- Compliance Directors
- Freight Forwarders/Customhouse Brokers
- Import/Export Consultants
- In-house Attorneys
- Companies or individuals who export unaltered product previously imported and fully paid duties
- Freight Forwarders
- Customer Brokers
- US, Canada, and Global Trade Compliance Professionals
- US & Canada Export Professionals
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Exporting Carriers
- Global Logistics Professionals
Dr. Gerald is an Academic Professor and Founder of RVG International Consulting Firm, LLC. He has over twenty-five years of business experience in, strategic management, marketing analysis, and supply chain management. Dr. Gerald worked with small and medium-sized businesses to help improve their business logistic processes through verification of operational and supply chain programs. Also, he had developed management and marketing strategies that were used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of his client business operations in this global economy.
He earned a Doctor of Business Administration in International Business and Advanced Professional Business Certification in Marketing from Argosy University/Sarasota; He also holds a Master of Science of Law (J.S.M.) degree and a certificate in Compliance & Risk Management from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in International Tax and Finance Services. He has also recently completed his MBA in Project Management from the University of Phoenix.
Dr. Gerald is also a member of the Free Trade Alliance, San Antonio Transportation Association, Inc., San Antonio SCORE, TX, Supply Chain Council and Institute of Business Forecasting & Planning, and CATO Institute of Research & Analysis and Academy of Business Research. He is a Certified Supply Chain Manager, and Inventory Planner and Property Forecaster, Certified Consultant for Business Value Analysis and Methodology, Certified Export Leaders of the Free Trade Alliance and Casa of San Antonio, TX; Certified Master Management Consultant and Master Project Manager; and Certified Marketing Analyst and Registered Business Analyst by the International Management Consultant Certification Board (IMCB).
Certified CCA ™ Chartered Compliance Analyst AAFM ® American Academy of Financial Management/ Certified International Project Manager (CIPM) of the AAPM ® American Academy of Project Management. A member of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals; and an Advisor for the Mu Kappa Tau Marketing of the Honor Society. He has published scholarly papers for the Journal of International Business and Economics and the Strategic Management Quarterly.