Proof It! How To Be a Better Proofreader
|Date||:||19th July 2019|
|Time||:||10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST|
Any document, media piece, or email bearing your organization’s insignia or name must be absolutely error free. Even a careless mistake in an email can damage a leader’s reputation and can make an entire company look bad.
Proofreading is a skill anyone can learn and improve. Very few business professionals actually ever have been TAUGHT how to proofread.And more and more employers are citing “attention to detail” as a quality they desire in new hires.
One week following this training, a participant from a CPA firm called to say:
“The straight edge just saved my life!”
She was revitalizing a formal document as part of a vendor agreement; she was about to present this multipage document to the head of her department, but she printed it and grabbed her straight edge first. In multiple places throughout the agreement, she had typed “sing” instead of “sign.” She declared she would have never caught that embarrassing mistake had it not been for the techniques acquired in Proof It! How To Be A Better Proofreader.
Why Should You Attend:
Absolutely join us if:
- You have ever forgotten an email attachment!
- You’ve had to resend that same email two minutes later with an “Oops, here it is” message
- You’ve ever sent out mass correspondence with a big typo and didn’t realize it until it was too late
- You make simple mistakes Spellcheck doesn’t catch such as typing “form” instead of “from” or “you” instead of “your”
- You’re so short on time you’ve begun to overlook errors of omission and other hard-to-catch mistakes
- You have a whopper of a proofreading blooper story of your own to tell!
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How to make sure messages leave your office error free
- The “Newspaper Proof”: A fail-safe three-step approach to proofreading
- The “Proofreader’s Power Pack”: Which tools and resources are indispensable to a proofreader
- How to proofread in a distracting office environment under tight deadlines
- How to spot errors of omission
- Why you never should proofread directly from your computer screen
- How to catch the bloopers—before the bloopers catch you!
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources Professionals
- Communication Consultants
- Administrative Professionals
- Senior Management
- Public Relations Consultants
- Managers / Supervisors / Team Leads
- Technical Professionals
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Compliance Specialists
- Anyone who oversees outgoing correspondence
With more than 16 years of experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers.
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.
She's a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management, and served as a faculty member of the American Management Association for five years. Mandi is the author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters, which was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publishers Awards in New York. Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style, and content-rich messages.